Monday 30 March 2015

Day 1 - Hillarys

I've already lost track of what day we're on, but since when did you count down the days ON a holiday anyway? 

So today I woke up and blew my nose without a single vessel tragedy. Even when I walked into the front room to this bad boy...


... Who was playing dead by the way! It decided to run when we tried to put it out!

With that waking us up we took a trip to the local supermarket where Kamal fell in love, with something he now looks at more lovingly than he does me - THIS!


Haven't figured out where to store it yet so he's just holding it until we do...no really!


Then we took to Joondalup beach with uncles Phil and Dave, and took an hour long stroll to Hillarys where we tucked into burritos. We also booked our tickets to Rottnest Island tomorrow where I fully intend to make friends with Quokkas (shout out to Clem For that one). Kamal bought some sunnies and we ran into some Aussie school kids - Cannot tell you how excited I was when a 10yr old rode past me on his bike and actually said 'g'day mate' - although I learned fast that it is NOT appropriate to say it back. Sad times.

As we strolled around Hilarys I endeavoured to pass on my knowledge of successful 'neighbours' cast members to Kamal - pretty much starting and ending with Jason Donovan, oh and Kylie.


Then we took the long walk back to Mullaroo and had that much needed swim we've been waiting for since we got here. Oh my god the water here is glorious! The break is pretty fresh but below the surface is the perfect temperature. I may have forgotten I was wearing my watch but hopefully it's waterproof enough to last. I didn't want to get out ever again - despite the burnt forehead (even though it's cloudy).


We got back to the palace as more family arrived, when I quickly learned that the lock on the door to the shower does not actually work! What better way to get acquainted?! (Blushing)

We then finished the evening off amongst good company, staring at a pink sunset with a few ciders and a glass of wine... Ahhhhh I could get used to this.

Tomorrow, we're off to Rottnest Island so we'll see how many times I manage to embarrass myself attempting to snorkel! (It's ok, I met a lifeguard today). 

No comments:

Post a Comment