Wednesday 23 July 2014

English 3.0

I\m going to attempt to encapsulate what English 3.0 set out to. I apologise if you do not understand. However, I assure you that any problems you have in reading this blogpost, were probably reflected in my trying to remember the adolescent abbreviations of Bebo and MSN messenger in writing it.

Here goes:


English 3.0 woz a fasinatin concept tht intrested me gr8ly n it cud b told in mny ways. I expectd a film of satirical fngers pointin in da direction of modrn society. Wat I gt woz sumfin mch less appealin... hinderd by da lak of cutaways n hinderd frther by da comon location of da existin cutaways, bein a quik hang out on da Southbank.


Thre woz no umph, no outspokn jdgements tht da concpt lends itslf 2. In fact, I don't tink tht thre woz any1 nrly mad enuf 4 da content 2 truly shine. It wudda bin gr8 4 a Luddite contributor 2 fundamentally beleev tht da internet is rottin r brains n dat no1 wil b able 2 read n write in 10 yrs. Insted, we wre introduced 2 a line of professors n experts tht ultimately shared exctly da sme view: yes, abbreviation of language exists bt its nt gonna ruin r lives. I tink my fave line of da film sez it all, 'I STOPPED usin abbreviations wen ma mum STARTED using em'.

It woz dull n cud easily ave bin told in 5-7mins ova its current 20. It needed cutaways, it nded jdgements, it nded da brightness turnd dwn a bit on da exterior shts an a bit o grafix wrk on da namestraps. I tink wiv da best of da current contributors, sum mre cutaways n da addition of an xtra contributor wiv sumfin jdgemental 2 say, da film cud b spiced up a bit. I'd b intrested 2 c wot cud apen wiv dis concept in da future as I tink its an argument dat many A-Level kids wil wanna debate wiv their Eng teachers. N Im sur dat sum of dem r lookin 2 throw in a few LOLs n BrBs 2 their summertime essays.

Wat do u tink? Has language gon 2 far? Do u knw wat da kids r talkin bout these days?

Gimme a tweet n tel me @katmace11 :D

Image Rights Reserved by Joe Gilbert

1 comment: