Sunday 12 April 2015

Day 5 - Taupo

Oh my God a lie in!!! In bed til 10, and a McDonald's breakfast. Wouldn't usually but it's apparently the coolest McDonald's in the world, so I had to?


Then we headed out on an hour long hike through the town to the hot water spring for a bathe. It's was absolutely pouring with rain, so if we're gonna be wet, we may as well get soaked right?

PHOTO TO COME

We ended up bathing for about 2hours in the pools, spent a little too much time in the hottest one which basically saw me stand up, the blood rush to my head and I fell straight into Kamal's lap. It was so nice to just chill in the water. Our clothes, bags, towels were drenched so it was a soggy journey back to the hostel. My hands were also a disgusting pruney mess.

Then we made one of the best food discoveries of the trip - dominos is $5.99 (that's like £3.50). So with that bombshell we tucked into a pizza before heading to the bar for a few games of pool and darts and some wine and some live music. 


All in all, a bloody good night. And a nice chilled out day to get us ready for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment